Friday, July 13, 2007

Of Rock, Water, and an Ice Hydra

Since my awakening from the stone, I have been journeying with quite a weird bunch. An amnetic ninja (who seems to spend too much time with devil's grass, if you know what I mean); a druid who has a puer aeternus complex, as if the child of, his lupine animal companion; a warrior of some sort, who was lost to an animated pit of flesh and blood; and a carefree cleric, who is a bit messianic when comes to healing wounds.

We journeyed forth from the lair of my rescue, pursuing an enemy of my newfound friends - an enemey that is the only clue to my capture, or even how long I was bound in stone. As we chased him into daylight, we discovered he made use of a river for his escape. And I discovered that I was at the edge of a strange city, on a strange mountain, undoubtedly further from the lands I once called home, than I could imagine.

We made journey down the river, being attacked by lizard folk whom live aside it. We encountered a great serpent, whom merely stared us down, before we vacated the river for shelter. Upon doing such, we made combat with a couple of lizard folk, and encountered a colony of myconids.

The myconids made use of some sort of spore, to enable us to telepathically understand their communications. Of such methods, I am quite suspicious. Being fungi, it is quite obvious they make use of dead flesh to feed themselves. And anything that has enough power to make you hear things that are not being said, might have enough power to make you do things you would rather not.

But their leader proposed to help us. If we traverse a nearby temple to acquire a sacred artifact for the myconids, (a means to control the giant serpent of the river), which is also sought by the lizard folk, the myconids will retrieve for us some sort of mystical spear that my companions have encountered in a distant cavern some several days ago.

So we ventured forth, further into the caverns, to find this temple, and to enter forth into it. Alas, at its entrance was a icy hydra, which we made amazing short work of. We used various magical means to enhance our ninja friend. He snuck in close to the sleeping hydra, and I used a flaming sphere, (as I hung from the cavern ceiling), to singe the stumps of its denumerating heads. It did not survive long.

Whereforth our journey takes us from here, I shall not know until it happens. If you are fortunate, and if I am even moreso, I will survive to journal at least once more.

No comments: