Friday, July 13, 2007

Of What Kind Of Sorcery Is This?

Greetings, my name is Gelvran. I write in this diary as a means to track my adventures across this world.

My life is rather hectic. I've journeyed through this world, (and maybe eventually into others), in search of my past. A search, that for now I have accepted, may be more important in and of itself, rather than what is sought.

As an example of the trifles I have had, only recently I befriended a well-intentioned, though rag-tag, group of adventurers. Financed by an unseen hand we journeyed from the Sharn, the City of Towers, to uncover a mysterious force of evil, when we were ambushed on the boat on which we had sought passage. Several of my companions were knocked overboard.

From throwing sorcerous magic at my foes on the boat, to waking up from petrification in a strange lair, I cannot remember what transpired. Which isn't even the original mysteries of my past that I was seeking to uncover. Nevertheless, I found myself surrounded by yet another group of rag-tag adventurers, on the other side of the world. My revivication came at the cost of one of their companions taking my place, lost in a strong enchantment of stone.

I now journey forth with them, seeking to repay my debt to them, and to earn their trust - for only with companions shall I overcome my dark past, and press on to the future.

No comments: